Fields of application
Baikal-S is a system on a chip with 48 Cortex-A75 cores, hardware virtualization and a large set of high-speed interfaces. The modern high-performance Baikal-S processor is designed for servers, storage and supercomputer systems for the B2B and B2B market segments.
- 48 Arm Cortex-A75 cores operating at >2 GHz;
- 12 core clusters (4 cores and 2 MB L3 cache per cluster);
- 64 KB L1 instruction cache, 64 KB L1 data cache, and 512 KB L2 cache per core;
- 32 MB L4 cache;
- Six 64-bit DRAM channels with support of DDR4-3200 and ECC;
- Up to 768 GB per socket (128 GB per channel);
- Three CCIX interfaces x16, each lane operates with 16 Gb/s;
- Power Consumption 120W;
- Technology TSMC 16FFC.
High Speed Peripherals:
- 80 PCIe lanes of PCIe Gen4 (48 lanes are shared with CCIX interfaces);
- USB 2.0 ULPI interface;
- 2 х 1 Gb Ethernet RGMII interfaces;
- 32 х GPIO;
- 2 х UART;
- 1 х QSPI;
- 3 х I2C/SMBus;
- Option: 16xGPIO or eSPI.
- Option: 8xGPIO or QSPI.
- Option: 8xGPIO or I2C/SMBus + I2C/SMBus + UART.
- Type – FCLGA-3467;
- 58 x75.5 mm;
- 3.57/3.84/4.11 mm – height (min/nom/max);
- 3467 pin;
- 0.50 mm pitch.
The Baikal-S (BE-S1000) Programming Guide is intended for developers of system software or bare-metal applications.
The set includes 26 volumes and describes the structure of the microprocessor as a whole (memory map, interrupt list, etc.) and the individual functional subsystems (DDR, USB, PCIe, etc.).
For each functional subsystem is given:
- A detailed description of the structure;
- The purpose of the main blocks and interfaces, features of their functioning;
- The description of the programmable registers and their fields;
- Recommendations for software management of the subsystem.
The SDK includes the following set of system software modules:
- Toolchain based on the gcc cross-compiler;
- Arm Trusted Firmware-A (TF-A) in sources;
- TianoCore UEFI (EDK II) in sources;
- Linux kernel in sources;
- Rootfs based on busybox.
UEFI tianocore (support for Linux kernel booting through interfaces):
- 1Gb Ethernet;